Saturday, January 27, 2007

Baby Boy!

On January 23rd I went in for an ultrasound. Edwin and I had been praying along with others that the baby would cooperate so that we could find out what we are having. Sure enough, within the first 3 minutes the technician printed out a very obvious photo of our baby boy. We are still a bit in shock. I guess we were beginning to believe that girls are the only sex our family can produce. Our son will be the first boy in our family in over seven years. Taylor and Parker should be very happy to have another boy on their team. I was trying to think of all of the girls in the family and decided I better name them all to get an accurate count. Hopefully I don't forget anyone. Payton, Addy, Aliyah, Jaci, Elizabeth, Elyse, Kiana, Morgan, Olivia, Haley, Torrin, Aoki, Dakota and of course Julie and Tim's baby girl due in May. Now that's a lot of girls. After the ultrasound they gave me a CD to take home. I'm going to attempt to post the pictures. Although our son was very happy to show us his gender he would not cooperate with showing us his face. I changed positions several times to get him to move but he just wouldn't cooperate. I go back in February, they want to take face measurements. Now we just have to agree on a name.



5 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lanaya,

Your mom just told me last night! We played phone tag for several days, and when she finally answered last night on what must have been the last ring before voice mail, she announced "we're having a cowboy!" needless to say, I was excited! She had to wait for as many babies to get a boy as I did to get a girl! Maybe it's possible for Nicole to have a boy too, although I had to wait for a couple more boys to get my second girl, so maybe not!

I'm sure you and Edwin and the girls will be happy to have your Mom and Dad coming to your church, but I will miss them at mine! I think if I had a kid going to a nearby church, I might be tempted to go where they are going. Chris and Jenni think I should go to their church, it's only an hour or so drive from my house! I don't think so...I have a hard enough time getting to church on time when I only have to go a few blocks!!

Love, Mom Judi

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Now wouldn't it be just a miracle if Nicole and Hans could produce a boy this time? Those guys would have a blast :) Bless you guys!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger The adventure continues... said...

No condemnation from this brain impaired pragnant momma but you did forget Aoki (I'm not sure how she spells it)but I think that is all.

Guess what? Hans just accepted a job in Renton, Washington. He'll be flying out of Michigan on Friday. Don't tell mom if you get this first. I want to tell her. The girls and I will stay in Michigan for now. Pray that is house gets sold soon so we can be on our way as well.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger The adventure continues... said...

By the way don't tell anyone! Hans wants it to be a surprise. Of course I'll still tell mom but nobody else.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Rob Christianson said...

Congrats on the baby boy, Edwin and Lanaya! How's everything going? Is Edwin enjoying the ministry?

Talk to me!

Rob Christianson, ex-HPSer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home